Intresting... maybe...

by Roman aka jar

posted by roman, jarhead, kong

Some people always ask me about my thumb. My left hand thumb is mostly full with colour. When i go outside for a short walk to go to the supermarket my thumb always has some colour left on it... like this:


Let me try to explain - as i am always thinning my colours with water i found out for myself that i don't want to look away from the miniature while working when i have to clean the brush on a tissue. So i have started to use my thumb of the hand holding the miniature. So i have no time loss, haha. Additional to this i feel how the glazes will work on the miniature when i bring them on. You can feel the condition of your colour through your skin. I do this now for several years, my thumb is still there - you can clean it easily with warm water and soap. I am not sure if this is healthy, so please if you are scared don't do it. Attention while using colours that are not based on water, like Tamyias or other evil smelling stuff - i am not using this method with dangerous colours. Choose for yourself and try if you like it - i couldn't paint without anymore...

Here is something else intresting - after the heat is really high this summer, my windows are often open at night - and i still use light to paint in the dark. Sometimes inspiration comes through your window - here is Gérald, my new painting friend, showing me what colours to use...


Inspiration is everywhere - keep your eyes and soul open for it...

Keep on happy painting!
Regards
Roman

Comments:

There are 10 Kommentare for Intresting... maybe...

Post a Comment